The Skylanders will be in concert at Pleasant Grove Union Church, starting at 10:45 on Sunday, April 28, 2013. Come and be a part of a wonderful time of music and worship! A love offering will be taken for the Skylanders during the service.
- April 21 – Noon, Sunday. The Constitution and Bylaws Committee is available to meet with anyone in the congregation who wishes to speak with them after the worship service.
- April 22 – 7PM. Monday night healing prayer service led by Avery Parker.
- April 24 - 4PM Wednesday. Committee only. Constitution and Bylaws Committee Meeting
- April 24 – Wednesday Night Prayer Service led by Pastor Ray at 6PM. Pastor Ray says, “We will ‘travel’ to Smyrna and see what we could expect if we became members of this church as seen in Revelation 2.”
- April 28 – Sunday. From Pastor Ray: Join us for a Gospel concert with The Skylanders. Our service will start at 10:45AM. A love offering will be taken during the concert.
- May 19 – Pentecost Sunday. This year we will celebrate Pentecost by renewing our commitment to Christ, the Church, and each other, as we welcome new members and affirm the life of our congregation.
- Lectionary Scripture readings for the fourth week of Easter, April 21: Acts 9:36-43, Psalm 23, Revelation 7:9-17, John 10:22-30
HOLY WEEK and EASTER SERVICES:
Maundy Thursday: Thursday, March 28 7PM
This service will be a unique communion experience similar to the way Jesus and his disciples spent the last meal of his life.
Easter Sunrise: Sunday morning: 7AM
Pastor Ray will be leading the early morning service here with First Born Baptist Church. There will be breakfast following the service. We will have a church family conversation between breakfast and Sunday School for those who would like to stay and talk with the Constitution and Bylaws Committee.
Sunday School: 10 o’clock
Easter Worship: 11 o’clock
Constitution and Bylaws Committee. Please join us if you are able on Wednesday, 4:00 pm.
The past few Wednesday evenings have been a time of hard work, love, and fellowship as our Constitution and Bylaws Committee has been meeting with the congregation to seek input on the work they are doing on the organizing documents.
Afterwards, it has been our joy to meeting with some of the teachers as we are about to begin our new children’s Sunday school lessons about Daniel. We have also been blessed with music! We have been listening to the great harmonies of Kim and Melia as they practice for Sunday worship service. We are looking forward to hearing their new drummer (yay J!) as they offer God this beautiful praise music Kim has written during our worship service this Sunday.
We welcome everyone to come and be a part of the fellowship and love at Pleasant Grove Union Church as we are working through Lent and preparing for Easter and the joy of experiencing our living Lord.
February 20, 2013
The purpose of our meeting today: Our new Constitution and Bylaws committee had asked those of the congregation who want to participate in this Holy endeavor to come during our first thirty minutes of each meeting to share their ideas.
Julia Gaines opened the meeting with prayer.
Today there are two main questions we need to talk about:
- 1. Pleasant Grove Union Church, who are we?
We are a church:
- · that loves God,
- · that loves the community,
- · that wants to serve the community, and
- · that represent all historical Christian denominations. (We feel our forefathers believed this when they organized this church and we believe it up to the present time.)
2. Pleasant Grove Union Church, how are we church?
- · one body of believers, with
- · different denominations, sharing
- · the same basic beliefs with blended differences, and having
- · different forms and traditions that are also blended.
Some members of the congregation brought snacks and drinks for us to enjoy, so we were very informal in this part of the meeting.
After thirty minutes, the committee excused itself to begin work in closed session.
Note: During the closed session we began to look at different Union Church’s Constitutions and Bylaws, starting work on what needs to be done to draft our own.
We will meet again next Wednesday at 4 for the same process as we followed today. We welcome input from the congregation. Please join us!
Pastor Ray will hold a prayer meeting at 11am on Wednesday morning, which will be followed by a light lunch of soup and cornbread. Please come and join us in prayer, and if you would like to please bring a salad, desert, or drink. We look forward to seeing you there!
On Sunday, the congregation elected a committee to work on our new constitution and bylaws at a called meeting after the worship service. The committee will have their first of six meetings on Wednesday, February 20, beginning at 4pm. The first thirty minutes of the meeting will be open for congregational discussion of the topic they will be working on that day before they adjourn to a closed worksession at 4:30 pm. Please come and be a part of the excitement and joy!
There will be no Sunday School this morning. We will begin today with worship at 11:00. Please make every effort to be safe.
Congregational Conversations. Our next meeting to elect the Constitution and Bylaws Committee will be on Feb. 17, 2013, directly after the worship service (for approximately 10 minutes).
Bible Readings for the Week: Deuteronomy 26:1-11, Psalm 91, Romans 10:8-13, Luke 4:1-13
After going out and driving the roads in our area, it appears that they are clear and safe. If you are unsure about your situation or need assistance getting to church, please call Pastor Dianne on her house or cell phone. If you know of someone that needs a phone call about this, please help us all by calling them. We look forward to seeing you at the regular times today for worship services, which include Sunday School, Worship, Lunch and Congregational Conversation. Blessings! Pastor Dianne
« Previous entries Next Page » Next Page »